Monday, March 24, 2008

3/19 Iraq War Blogswarm - Blogs Starting with I

Here are links to the posts from blogs starting with the letter "I," along with brief intros quoted from the posts.

I, Splotchy:
My Feeble Contribution To A Blogswarm
Though I don't really post that much about politics, I decided at the last minute I'd make a contribution to this blogswarm.

I am basically just including a few videos to highlight some of the people that should be held personally responsible for the horrible carnival ride so many people have been thrown onto these past five years.


I Wanna Love You Better Whatever It Takes:
five years too many
YouTube video with excerpts from Martin Luther King speeches against the Vietnam War that are relevent to the Iraq War today.


Identity Check:
The Profitability of War
As the propaganda machine chugs along, our government has seemingly set itself up quite lovely for future years to come. Mind you, that it is our government, and it's few powerful benefactors and not the American public, that will reap the rewards of our current policy of perpetual warfare.


IDiosyntocracy:
Iraq 5 Years Later: Mission Derailed
There were so many directions I could take—and then I saw this photo in the 3/16 "New York Times" that stuck with me.

The photo showed a funeral procession in Baghdad for Monthir Khalaf, a local soccer coach and a former member of the Iraqi national soccer team. That's his son, in tears holding a photo of his father. Monthir was killed the previous Thursday by gunmen, but I could find few other details. I can only assume he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, caught in the crossfire between Sunnis, Shiites and others taking advantage of the chaos in Iraq.


Ifs of Og:
"Happy" Fifth Anniversary
If that is correct, there is an incredibly telling way to gain the enthusiastic support of Americans for any future war that becomes absolutely necessary. If that statement has an impossible ring, please reflect on the following proposal and be very honest with yourself in assessing its potential effectiveness.

My Proposed Federal War-O-Meter Act:


The Immoral Minority:
5 years later, what has been the cost of war in Iraq?
The numbers tell the tale.

The horrible, horrible tale.


Impeachment and Other Dreams:
War: the Enemy of Liberty
With these words ringing in my ears for the last few weeks, I decided to participate in the Blogswarm against the War. However, because I read Madison’s words in another book, Chalmers Johnson's Nemesis: The Last Days of the American Republic, I’m combining my Blogswarm efforts with my book-reviewing duties for the Spring Reading Challenge. I hope you don’t mind my squishing two mosquitoes with one slap. (I’m a birder, so I don’t kill birds with stones or any other objects!)


Impractical Proposals:
Vigils today commemorate the 5th anniversary of the tragic invasion of Iraq.
Today is March 19 Iraq War Blogswarm. And so we will, each of us, do what we can to bring this particular Bush administration criminal enterprise to an end. Unfortunately, I'm on the road today, so my participation will be as spotty as it is heartfelt. More as the day progresses, I hope. In the meantime, a reminder:

MoveOn.Org is sponsoring candlelight vigils tonight to mark the fifth anniversary of the war's beginning on March 19, 2003. In my neighborhood, one is at 7 p.m. at the intersection of Lincoln Blvd.and Rose Ave in Venice.


Indict Dick Cheney:
March 19 Blogswarm -- Denounce the War -- Five Years On: A Million Dead
this post -- as part of this blogswarm, will focus on the forced economic trade- offs we made, by choosing to fund this war, rather than address our own domestic problems more adequately. all data is courtesy of the national priorities project.


Information Paradox:
Entering Year Six: The War & The Disgust
I swore I wasn't going to post on this again. I told myself that I have done enough ranting about the war. I bitched here, Five Years Of Illegal War Has Wrought So Much, here, McCain's Big Bad Threat; Scare Tactics & GOP, here, Bush Credits Faith In Killing All Them Damn Foreigners, and here A Picture That Needs To Be Seen [Pic]. Not to mention, commenting in numerous other posts.


It's My Right to Be Left of Center:
What does the war in Iraq cost Americans?
In dollars and cents the United States has spent roughly $522 Billion, with at least $70 Billion allocated for the beginning of this year alone.

As an aside, what could all that money buy us as taxpayers? What else could we of spent that money on here in America that we desperately need?


Return to the Alpha Index of Posts




View the Full Listing of Blogs

No comments: