Monday, March 24, 2008

3/19 Iraq War Blogswarm - Blogs Starting with K

Here are links to the posts from blogs starting with the letter "K," along with brief intros quoted from the posts.

Kelly's So Called Life:
Another Year of War Begins Today
Five years ago today (has it really been that long ago?) The Chimp in Chief began his Desert Conquest. The Pentagon, with all of their shiny new toys and bunker busting bombs, promised us "Shock and Awe", an opening salvo so overwhelming and so destructive, that Saddam would instantly show us where those Weapons of Mass Destruction were. As it turned out, the only "shock and awe" about the whole thing was shockingly Bush and Company fucked things up. They awed us okay, awed us with their incompetence and total disregard for public opinion, facts and on the ground reality.


Kittywampus:
Five Years Ago Today, We Made a Historic Mistake
If you've been reading this blog even semi-regularly, you know that I teach women's studies. But my actual degree is in German history with a minor field in women's studies. So today I'm donning my historian's cap to say a few words about the Iraq war as I think it might be viewed in history books 50 or 100 years from now.

It's not the case that every last historian opposed the war from the get-go. But it's also not an accident that most of them did. Some of the leading luminaries of the profession are involved in Historians against the War, as are lots of us humbler practitioners. Thousands more who haven't signed the HAW petition still ardently opposed Bush's war of aggression.


konagod:
What's Missing On This Blog?
My ranting contribution to the March 19 Iraq War Blogswarm?

I'm not sure I have it in me. I've been angry about this war for 5 years already. I've blogged about my anger for about 22 months off and on. The American people have spoken -- once by electing that fucking asshole in the White House to a second term when he never deserved a first, and once by giving the Democrats a narrow control over Congress which by my estimation has accomplished not one damn thing. Sure, the people have been polled and they overwhelmingly are against the war but who gives a shit about poll numbers? Not the president. And not Dick.


Kurt Winikka:
Lamentation (March 19)
I offer this song for the victims of this terrible war. For the families of the dead and wounded in this country, and in Iraq. For those fighting on all sides of this tragedy. We can best support our troops (and their families, and the Iraqis) by bringing them home.


Return to the Alpha Index of Posts





View the Full Listing of Blogs

No comments: